Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My 4th Speeding Ticket

To the Judge:
Your Honor,
Thank you for your time and patience with reading this letter. I appreciate it deeply. I am writing to you because I unfortunately received my 4th speeding ticket yesterday afternoon while trying to get home in a hurry after my grandmother had called me because she fell and needed help. The last 3 tickets I've received for similar reasons. I sincerely apologize. I don't speed unless it's an emergency. But with this 4th ticket, my license has been revoked and so it's now very difficult to help my family (my mother really depends on me giving rides to my 5 younger siblings while she's at work). If it is in any way possible, I'm asking for your help in reversing my license suspension. I would be deeply indebted to your mercy at this urgent time sir.

To my mother:
Hi mom. I miss you dearly and hope you come home soon. You may have heard that I recently received a speeding ticket (unfortunately, it's my 4th). I'm very sorry. I was not trying to speed or anything. I was trying to get Ben to his soccer game on time, and because he got hurt trying to get ready on time, we got a late start so I was trying to hurry (his coach did say if he's late he won't play). Yes, I feel very sorry, especially because as a result of getting pulled over we were REALLY late to the game, and Ben's coach told him he won't play for the next 2 games. I'm sorry. I promise I won't speed again. It was just a really stressful day and the cop had little sympathy for us. I hope this doesn't discourage you or distract you on your vacation. I miss you like crazy and hope you get home safe and sound. Again I'm very sorry.

To my classmates:
Hey guys, you wouldn't believe it, but I got my 4th speeding ticket today. I was simply going with the flow of traffic (and you know how crazy drivers are down here in Utah), and some cop who was having a bad day and was on a power-tangent decided to pull me over. He even took the box of Krispy Kremes I had sitting on the front seat, saying that they were distracting me and dangerous while driving (even though the box was closed and sealed). Guys, I'm telling you this is not fair. The only reason I get pulled over is because I drive a red convertable, and so cops are super biased against it, so they single me out for "speeding" when I'm only keeping up with the flow of traffic. Come on, it's more dangerous to go the speed limit than it is to just keep up with the flow of traffic (you guys know, you've been on the streets). If they were truly concerned about speeding, they would crack down on everyone, not just my car.

3 comments:

  1. Your mom got double bad news, it was good that you were honest though but I probably wouldn't have told her that Ben can't play for the next two games. I also liked how you added the crazy Utah drivers in your classmate letter, so true! ha Your mom got double bad news, it was good that you were honest though but I probably wouldn't have told her that Ben can't play for the next two games. I also liked how you added the crazy Utah drivers in your classmate letter, so true! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely loved your letter to classmates. It was pretty much hilarious. Because I hate Utah drivers with a passion, and I don't even have a car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the story about your grandma. It reminds of those lame commercials..."Help, I've fallen and I can't get up." haha

    ReplyDelete