Monday, February 20, 2012

Love Letter: Samson to Delilah - in Technical textbook writing

Addressed to the one and only Delilah (which happens to be a very common species of flower),
   As you know, the golden locks of Samson (yours truly) contain incredible power. Many believe that the greatest power on earth is that of an earthquake (made apparent after the recent destruction of Haiti and Japan). But while these examples are shocking, they do not match the power of Samson. Due to circumstances that are not able to be explained with 'mortal' words, my (Samson's) hair gives me power that cannot be matched by any other mortal on the earth. As can be expected, my hair is something many want and would be willing to buy (the estimated price that the King of Babylon would pay for my hair is somewhere in the 5 billion camels range). Not only is the hair stunningly beautiful and long (the sun glints off of it, blinding my enemies, due to a natural marvel known as 'reflection'), but the God of Israel has promised me that if it is allowed to grow and never be cut, that I will have strength that cannot be matched. Modern-day movie makers have caught onto this idea by creating a film called "Tangled" where a girl has hair that can heal any ailment. Many ancient philosophers have misinterpreted me with Hercules. But Hercules is only a child when compared to Samson. And Repunzal's hair is only 1/10th and 3 quarters of an inch the length of Samson's hair.
I Samson share this with you Delilah (which bytheway is a pretty flower) because you create certain feelings inside of me (feelings that scientists and psychologists would call love). Love is an interesting feeling which is soft and warm (unlike muscle, which is hard and firm and impressive). So how a strong man like myself could feel so week by a tiny flower like yourself is quite interesting (most experts today only can draw conclusions (not facts) about love and how it works). But regardless, the scientific evidence that is present in my behavior shows that I pass all the qualifications of being a speciman in love with you (a flower).
That is all the data that we have at this time.
Your faithful observer,
Samson

3 comments:

  1. Your parenthetical statements are a fun addition. Your line "That is all the data that we have at this time" is fantastic. Very textbook-esque.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only textbook that I would like to read:) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this as well. It was entertaining and informative, what any good textbook should be. :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete